Opened in 1993,Castello Tolcinasco Golf Resort & Spa is one of the most prestigious circles in Italy. Located in the municipality of Pieve Emanuele, near Milano3 and the West ring road, about 13 kilometers from the Milan Cathedral.
Its paths develop for about 140 hectares around a beautiful 16th century castle. The 27 holes of the three championship courses at the top in variety, modernity and completeness, are the work of Arnold Palmer, one of the most popular players of all time and world-class golfers.
The club also has a 9-hole executive course.Castello Tolcinasco Golf Resort & Spa has had the honor of hosting 5 Italian Open from 2004 to 2008.
The origins of golf in Italy
In Italy Golf has never enjoyed a wide audience granted, instead, to popular sports such as football, although the roots of this discipline are found even at the time of the Roman Empire.
In 1700 Villa Borghese in Rome hosted the games of the Count of Albany and the challenges of the British community were held in the historic residence Villa Doria Pamphili.
In 1898 the "The Rome Golf Club" was founded and supported mainly by English and American players in love with the lawns of the Roman villas as Villa Doria Pamphili and Villa Borghese, but also outside Porta San Giovanni. They include, among the first Italian golf clubs in absolute also:
- Sorrento Golf Club (1895)
- Varese Golf Club (1897)
- Florence Golf Club (1899)
- Sanremo Golf Club (1901)
The oldest Golf Club title of Italy is often also awarded to Ugolino Golf Club: it is true that the practice of golf started in Florence in 1889 thanks to the thick English colony that made a route on the land to the north, but the current route was inaugurated only in 1934.
In the first post-war period the first circles in the big cities sprang up, even though golf was exclusively seasonal, and reserved for a few.
The first competition in 1905, then in 1927 in Milan the foundation of FIG, then moved to Rome and joined the CONI.
Known as the most important and prestigious Italian golf tournament, the Open d'Italia has given life to the greatest challenges on the most prestigious Italian golf courses. Founded in 1925 and disputed by only three competitors within the Alpine Golf Club of Stresa on Lake Maggiore, today the Open of Italy has touched the 100,000 spectators in the last two years.
After 1947, the Open became a national and international showcase for the discovery of new golfing talent. All his editions have always been characterized by the succession of young promises and very young winners. In the 80s the organization of the Open takes on a managerial approach that gives the tournament the engagement of protagonists of the golf scene such as Greg Norman, Craig Parry and Mario Pinzi..
In 1999, Fiat gave life to a great test in the Turin edition of the Open where the youngsters like Ian Poulter (twice champion: in 2000 and 2002) return to protagonists. In 2003 the Organizing Committee founded by the Italian Golf Federation was founded, which laid the foundations for an eventual agreement with the European Golf Tour.
And it is precisely in the following year that the Castle of Tolcinasco Golf Club is rediscovered as the ideal venue for this prestigious tournament that is played on our fields for 5 editions in a row (2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008).
The 2013 edition lays the foundations for a new way of experiencing Golf in Italy and in Europe, exploiting communication channels never explored before, the Open d'Italia takes hold in the public, becoming not more exclusive heritage of "insiders".
In detail, the property of Golf Tolcinasco srl is composed of:
Golf Course: Red - 9 hole course Par 36 length m.3162; Blue - 9 hole path Par 36 length m. 3091; path 9 holes yellow Par 36 length m. 3231; Executive - 9 hole course Par 3. Along the paths there are 11 lakes, linked together and fed by a rush of the Naviglio.
Driving range: It has 10 covered and 50 uncovered positions, with the possibility of practicing for 8 months per year from the grass. The length of the driving range is over 250 mt.
It also has an area for the practice of short play consisting of 3 green and a putting green.
The structure has a large parking area for the members' cart, with battery recharging service and vehicle cleaning.
Maintenance Center: It develops on an area of about 1000 sqm. covered (workshop, material storage and offices). The area is also equipped with a fuel distributor (diesel and gasoline).
Club House: The structure is spread over 3 floors.
1) Ground floor 2956 sqm. lounges (secretarial office, bar, restaurant, pro shop and multifunctional lounge).
2) First floor 1531 sqm. (TV room, relax room, card room, billiard room and gym).
3) Basement floor 3408 sqm. (male and female changing rooms for guests and members, gym, fitness room, aesthetic and medical spa, thermarium and hairdresser).
Adjacent to the club house there is an Olympic swimming pool with solarium, 2 tennis courts, a five-a-side football pitch and a tensile structure with heating and air conditioning system for bag storage.
In addition, entry to the club is provided with a guardian for access control and surveillance for 24 hours.